Jeep Canada just launched what it calls "Jeep Code," a Snapchat lens that allows users…
- Combining scanned images into a PDF can be boring if you have tons of images to work with.
- Fortunately, Microsoft has two great apps that you can use to scan images and then use PDFelement to combine them all.
- This guide will show you easy to follow steps
Imagine a situation where you need to scan several pages with your scanner. Typically, each time a page is scanned, the software creates a new PDF file for each one. If the pages do not need to be combined or if there are only a few to scan, this process is fine. It becomes a nightmare in the opposite situation.
Frankly, scanning multiple pages, to begin with, is already a boring chore made worse by having to put everything together. Fortunately, many quality of life changes have been made in the consumer electronics industry, making scanning multiple pages less of a hassle.
These days, scanned pages can be easily combined into a single PDF file with some recently updated apps and third-party software on Windows 11.
What third-party apps can I use to put multiple pages into a single PDF?
One of the best apps you can use is Windows Fax and Scan, which as the name suggests is an inbuilt fax and scan app native to Windows 11. It is a standard feature available on all versions of Windows 11, or one it should be at least. If not, you can always look in Control Panel and enable it from there.
Of course, there are third-party applications available if you prefer a different option or ultimately cannot activate Windows Fax and Scan on your computer. Windows Scan is also available on the Microsoft Store, which has a much cleaner user interface and PDFelement. The latter has a free version with additional keys locked behind a price tag.
This guide will show you how to scan multiple pages and merge them into a single PDF with Windows Fax and Scan. It will also show you how to do the same on Windows Scan and then combine it all with PDFelement. Windows Scan and PDelement by Wondershare can be found on the Microsoft Store.
How can I combine several scanned pages into a PDF?
1. Enable Windows Fax and Scan
- If Windows Fax and Scan is not available on your Windows 11 computer, start by clicking the magnifying glass icon in the lower left corner.
- Look for the control panel.
- Click on the first entry you see.
- Click on Category next to View by.
- To select Big icons.
- Locate and click Programs and Features.
- Click on Enable or disable Windows features in the left corner.
- A small window will appear.
- Locate Printing and documentation services.
- Click the plus symbol next to Print and Document Services.
- Select the Windows Fax and Scan check box, and then click OK.
2. Combine with PDFelement
- In the Microsoft Store, you can download Wondershare PDFelement to use to combine PDF files if you can’t combine files with your word processor or don’t like the online option.
- There are two ways to download PDFelement. First, you can visit PDFelement official website.
- Click it Free download and select Save File when it appears in a small window.
- Go to the location of the file and double click on it to start the installation.
- Click on Install with the installation wizard appears. Give it a few seconds to install the app.
- If you prefer, you view the application on the Microsoft Store.
- After searching the Microsoft Store and click on the Install button.
- After downloading, open the app.
- To select Combine PDF.
- Here you can choose the files you want to add or drag and drop them.
- After adding the images, check that everything looks good and click Apply.
- Then click on Case in the upper left corner and select Save As to a location on your computer.
- Be aware that scanning with the free version will add a PDFelement watermark. To get rid of it, you will have to buy the full version, but the steps are the same.
- Conversely, you can scan with PDFelement by clicking File and hovering over Create.
- There, select From Scanner.
- Select the scanner you are using and click Analysis.
- Scan all the images you need and select Residence to return to the home page. From there, select Combine and start the process again.
3. Scan via Windows Fax and scan then compress
- Open the search bar and search for Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click on the first entry you see.
- To select New scan.
- In the New Scan window, select the File Type menu and select the desired format.
- Click on Analysis to scan the page.
- Give it time to scan the page.
- Repeat the same operation for all the pages you want to scan. This guide will be kept to two pages for the sake of brevity.
- You can rename the files by right-clicking on one of them and selecting Rename…
- Enter the name and select OKAY.
- When finished, select To print in the top bar. Conversely, you can select File and choose Print.
- Click the drop-down menu under Printer.
- To select Microsoft Printer to PDF.
- To select To print basically.
- Find a location for the PDF. Give it a name and select Save.
- Do the same for the other scanned images.
- Navigate to the location of the images on your Windows 11 computer.
- Highlight them all.
- Right click on it and select Show more options.
- To select Compress to PDF.
- If your word processor has the ability to compress images into a PDF, you will get an image similar to this.
- To select Compress or whatever the equalavent is on your processor.
- Otherwise, there are online PDF compressors, like Combine PDF.
4. Scan via Windows Scan
- Open the Start menu and select Microsoft Store.
- In the Microsoft Store, search for Windows Scan.
- Select the To have button to start downloading.
- After downloading, open the app.
- In the app, select the File Type drop-down menu and select PDF.
- Click the Scan button at the bottom.
- Give it time to scan.
- After scanning, select To see at the top.
- The image you scanned will appear in PDF format on your word processor.
- From there, you can save the new PDFs to your computer.
- You can perform the same steps earlier to combine multiple images together.
- You can combine scanned files by combining them in your word processor or find a PDF compressor online.
Are there other things I should watch out for when scanning in Windows 11?
A problem that can occur with Windows Fax and Scan is the inability to complete a scan. This can be caused by a variety of things, which is why it’s recommended to always keep your drivers up to date. The scanner itself may miss a crucial update or patch.
And if you are looking for a new scanner for your Windows 11 computer, the Fujitsu SP-1425 is one of the most recommended machines. The device has a compact form factor, can work up to 25 pages and load documents up to 120 inches long. It even comes with OCR software to convert documents to PDF.
It’s also important to point out that there are plenty of other scanning software you can download instead. All are carryovers from Windows 10 but work the same on Windows 11. Some of the features you might expect on other apps include the ability to sign PDFs and support for technology recognition technology.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions about other Windows 11 apps or features. Also leave comments about any guides you’d like to see.
Was this page helpful to you?
Start a conversation